Here are a few reasons why you should use stock groups:
- Looking for stock items is easier.
- Stock takes can be done quicker.
- You can get sales reports per stock group, which can be very useful.
- Instead of making changes to individual items, you can change the stock groups and it will make the changes to all the items linked to that group (I.E changing the markup %).
- You can set up security features per stock group (I.E. discount that can be given).
- Get financial sales and cost of sales reports per group.
Where and how to create stock groups
- Go to Stock Items > Stock group
- To add a new group – click on “Add New Main Group”
- To add a subgroup – right-click on an existing group
Please feel free to contact us for more information about the stock group module or have a look at our online manual. http://www.smart-it.co.za/help/stock-groups.htm